Joseph Yang, DMD, MD
Oral Surgeon Greenbrae
Drs. Mynsberge, Ruggles, and Yang strive to carry on a long-running tradition of providing all patients with excellent care and an absolutely positive experience.
Dr. Yang is a respected member of the following professional organizations:
- American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery (ABOMS)
- American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons (AAOMS)
- California Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons (CALAOMS)
- Marin County Dental Society (MCDS)
- American Dental Association (ADA)
- California Dental Association (CDA)
- American Dental Society of Anesthesiology (ADSA)
- California Dental Society of Anesthesiology (CDSA)
Meet Dr. Yang Personally:
Joe was born in Alaska and spent his childhood growing up in California, Oregon, and Washington. It was in Bellevue, Washington where Joe met his wife, Rachel, in their high school calculus class. Joe, the band member, and Rachel, the cheerleader, continued their journey onto college on the east coast. Joe attended Tufts University where he majored in Philosophy, graduating Magna Cum Laude. He then attended dental school at the University of Pennsylvania, where he was awarded a full scholarship to simultaneously obtain his Master’s degree in bioethics at the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine. He graduated in the top ten of his dental school class and was inducted into the Omicron Kappa Upsilon National Dental Honor Society. Joe completed his combined medical degree/oral and maxillofacial surgery residency at the University of California, San Francisco. Through this all, Joe and Rachel were blessed to become the very proud parents of their son, Cole. Rachel now practices as a breast cancer surgeon at Marin General Hospital. Together, both Joe and Rachel are overjoyed to raise their family in Marin where they enjoy cooking, music, and travel.